Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
SERVPRO of Kirkland's Response During COVID-19
An example of one our trained technicians fully suited in PPE to respond to a loss.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we are all currently facing, we have come across many concerns when it comes to helping those in our community. SERVPRO Of Kirkland is dedicated to taking the extra steps needed to stop the spread of this virus.
This is an example of how SERVPRO of Kirkland is addressing these concerns. This photo shows one of our skilled technicians in full Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). For our safety and yours, this is how we suit up for each job.
If you have an emergency but are feeling nervous about getting the proper help, you can trust that we are skilled professionals and have trained for times like this. We know what we're doing and will go above and beyond to keep everyone safe.
For Immediate Service in Kirkland, Call SERVPRO
We are here to help with your emergency.
SERVPRO of Kirkland provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Kirkland. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (425) 820-0080
Whether your Kirkland home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your Kirkland commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists Can Restore Your Kirkland home
SERVPRO of Kirkland team responding to a large loss in the Kirkland community.
SERVPRO of Kirkland is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Kirkland
SERVPRO of Kirkland specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- CRT - Color Repair Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- LCT - Leather Cleaning Technician
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
Experts in Restoration
Utilized scaffolding and containment in a high area to help speed up the drying process.
When your building has undergone a Water, Fire, or Mold damage situation you need to contact the experts in the restoration business.
SERVPRO of Kirkland has qualified technicians to get your residence or commercial business mitigated properly and in a timely manner. We will work with your demanding schedule to get the job done.
Here is what to expect when working with SERVPRO of Kirkland:
SERVPRO of Kirkland technicians will inspect the affected areas to determine the extent of the damage done by water, fire, or mold. Our onsite technician will review the inspection with you to review the damage and what the next steps will be. They will also be able to answer any questions you may have before beginning any work.
SERVPRO of Kirkland will take steps to help protect your home or business, as well as your personal belongings and other contents from the type of damage you may have whether it be water, fire, or mold. Our qualified technicians will explain the needed emergency services to you step-by-step.
Our technicians will have daily moister mapping to ensure the structure is properly drying. A SERVPRO technician will monitor the drying process everyday 24 hours until drying is complete. This will help to help ensure that your home, commercial business is dried to appropriate industry standards.
SERVPRO of Kirkland will help get you in the right direction of getting your home or commercial business back to preloss condition. SERVPRO has specialty drying equipment to properly dry the structure to IICRC Standards. After the mitigation process has been complete and we have cleaned the affected areas of your property and belongings, we can provide a list of contractors to help with your next steps after mitigation has been completed.
SERVPRO of Kirkland has technicians and staff on call 24/7/365. We have live operators who dispatch our calls directly to our employees and on call technicians who come ready to work on your issue. Call SERVPRO of Kirkland today at (425) 820-0080.
The Fourth of July
Fireworks display in Kirkland, WA
The Fourth of July is almost here which means FIREWORKS! Statistics reported from NFPA between 2014-2018 (averages) only nine percent of firework fires were structure fires. However, it accounted for almost all the fire deaths, 74% of the fire injuries, and 45% of the fire property damage. Fireworks start an average of 18,500 fires each year, including 1,300 structure fires. Please keep these tips in mind when you are setting off fireworks with your friends and family.
Firework Safety Tips
- Follow the directions on all fireworks and do not use them for anything other than what they are intended for.
- Do not attempt to alter or combine fireworks products.
- Never ignite in a container
- Never use homemade fireworks.
- Never use illegal fireworks. Report illegal explosives to the nearest fire or police department.
- When lighting fireworks, always have water handy. Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that do not go off or in case of fire.
- Spectators should remain a safe distance from the fireworks being lit.
- Make sure you are not setting off fireworks near dry grass, brush, or forestry. These account for three of every five (59%) of firework fires. Only light fireworks outdoors on a smooth, flat surface, away from all flammable materials including dry leaves and paper.
- Never light fireworks indoors
- Whoever lights the fireworks must be sober, wear safety glasses, and keep clothing well away from the flame when lighting.
- Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks.
- Soak both used and unused fireworks in water for a few hours before discarding.
- Keep sparklers away from clothing and other flammable materials.
From SERVPRO of Kirkland to you and your family We hope everyone has a fun and SAFE 4th of July!! Stay Hydrated!