SERVPRO of Kirkland’s Do’s, Don’ts, and restoration process after A fire
What To Do After A Fire
- After the home has been assessed and the structural integrity of the home is not compromised Limit the movement in the home to prevent soot particles from embedding into the carpets, upholstery, rugs, or any high traffic areas.
- Place Clean towels or clean old linens over any furniture, carpet, upholstery, rugs, or any high traffic areas to prevent you from tracking any soot elsewhere in the home.
- Change the HVAC Filter as there may be debris, soot, or other foreign materials in the filter.
- If you are without electricity, make sure to empty your freezer and refrigerator and keep the doors open.
- To prevent any soot particles from entering any other air registers tape double layers of cheesecloth over the air registers.
- If you have plants in your home, make sure to wipe off both sides of the leaves.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls, painted surfaces, or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting your SERVPRO of Kirkland Franchise.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or has visible damage. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor and ruin your clothes.
SERVPRO’s Fire Restoration Process
Every fire damage is unique, therefore, will require a unique restoration process. However, here are steps to our typical fire restoration services:
- Fire damage assessment: Our trained technicians at SERVPRO of Kirkland will thoroughly examine the house to determine the extent of the fire, soot, and smoke damage.
- Content Removal: Our SERVPRO of Kirkland contents processing technicians will help get all your belongings in order. If there are contents that are visibly damaged those will be removed first to prevent the transferal of soot particles getting on any other contents that could be salvageable. All other belongings will be removed from the home whether it is items being stored, non-salvageable, or going through a cleaning process to save what content we can.
- Water Removal: If there is water damage, we will extract any standing water and use our state-of-the-art Air Movers to dry soaked items, flooring, walls, and roof.
- Smoke and soot repair: We have the right products and techniques to remove soot from walls and other surfaces.
- Cleaning: Our skilled professionals will clean and sanitize all the restorable items damaged by the fire. We will also ensure that your home is free from the acidic fumes and odor of the fire by using a technique called thermal fogging.
If you ever need quick and professional fire restoration, do not hesitate to check out SERVPRO of Kirkland. Regardless of day or night, we are always available to help you! (425) 820-0080